Tuesday 24 April 2018

IndigoBlu in Bloom

Hello to you and thanks for stopping by. You may have seen that Kay Halliwell-sutton from IndigoBlu was on Hochanda today show casing her beautiful floral stamps and the fluttering birds, bees and dragonflies. If you didnt get to see her live shows then check them out on Hochanda.com. First show was at 10am with Leonie Pujol and the 2pm show with  Matt Macnamara. (These links are only good for two weeks).
Being on the TV sample making team for IndigoBlu im lucky enough to have these stamps sent to me to experiment with and I have had so much fun creating different things from cards to mixed media pieces.
Here are the samples I create for these show's, lots of fussy cutting and I also put some of my paint pours to good use.
This card was made using the 'Spring Meadow' stamp at the top of the card with a few extra butterflies cut out from the 'Nature III', sitting on one of the word plates from the stamp set 'Happiness'. The colours used on the card were from the Luscious Powder range.
I wanted to keep this card simple to show off the beautiful Orchids so stamped in black ink and used clear embossing powder to create a resist when I coloured the blooms in with Pink Luscious. Once dry I fussy cut the image, cut out some slender leaves and set everything into a little wooden flowerpot painted with the porcelain Luscious powder.

For this sample I wanted to use the Orchids again to decorate the shoes I cut out using a Sizzix die as I thought it went well with a sentiment from the 'Meadow Flowers' stamp set. 'Stroll through a meadow, breathing in the sunshine & believe in miracles'
The wooden base was painted with Black Gee-Soo-good and a layer of the IndigoBlu Watercolour card was stamped on with the flowers and herbs from the same 'Meadow Flowers' stamp set.
The shoes were kept simple, as well as the stamped images all finished off with little touches of Bisque Liquid Pearls.
I love the colours that came out on the Paint Pour I used for the background to these beautiful flowers from the stamp set 'Peony' and I used Coral and Orange Luscious Powders to give these flowers a lovely shine. 
The orange was also mixed into some super slap it on which I put through the 'Scrip' stencil over the flowers to add a little texture, then cut and dry embossed so leaves and added linen thread under the flowers.
Now I really love this New Humming Bird Stencil by IndigoBlu and hope that Kay follows it up with a Hummingbird stamp. (I'm sure you will know why I love this so much)! I used this stencil in a slightly different way as I drew around the hummingbird lines. I then used a Tombow Glue Pen to add patterns. Once the glue was dry I used Tombow Brush Pens and Blender pen to add colour to the differnt sections of the bird over the glue which acted as a resist so you get a interesting patterns emerging.
I then masked off the Humminbird and using a wet wipe put some blue Gelatos through the IndigoBlu Dottie stencil and finished the card off with some green pearl dots. The sentiment was stamped and black embossed onto vellum.
For this piece I used another of my paint pour mini canvases and picked out the blue in it by painting Rice Paper with Blue Luscious, stamping about 10 of the 'Peony' heads in Stazon blue ink onto the rice paper and cutting each flower out and layering them up to create a dimensional flower.
I added the sentiment 'You are Bloomin Marvelous' from the stamp set 'Meadow Flowers'


This next piece I created was using a base from a toy that rocks and I thought it might be fun to add the 'Butterfly#2' and the 'Giant Dragonfly' on wires to make them look as if they were fluttering and hovering above the flowers. Unfortunatly the camera didnt like the shine that was coming of the painted pieces as I used the Luscious Powders again so it hasn't captured all the detail that are in the stamped images.

I stamped, coloured and cut out the Peony and leaf images from the 'Marigold and Peony' stamp set and added them around the sides and the top of the rocking base, filling the top with some paper flowers from my stash.  
The Giant Dragonflies had some silver glitter added to their wings and different coloured gems were added to the bodies.

I wanted to use my Tombow Brush pens again so I stamped out the beautiful floral collage from the stamp set 'Nature III' and enjoyed colouring it in so much decided to stamp and colour in more images and turned them into a Stepper Box Card.
Each draw was decorated with parts of the images I coloured as well as single images inside each box base.

Hope you have enjoyed taking a look and some of these samples inspire you. 
If you would like to see some more of these fantastic stamps then please check out Julie Atkinson's blog. 
Be ready to be amazed!
Happy Crafting,
Sue xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful samples Sue, your use of colour is stunning. Love the flutterbies and gem encrusted dragonfly floating lazily above the large pink flowers. Your shoe card is fabulous and is such an ingenious use of the stamps, definitely too good to wear! They all looked amazing on screen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie. Im going to put a link on my blog so that people check out your stunning creations as they have wowed me xx

      Delete
  2. Amazing samples Sue, you have a style of your own. Beautiful cards and for me the highlight is the Flutterbies and Dragonfly one with the gorgeous pink flowers (but then you know what I like)
    I will have to watch the show on Catch Up as I was out all day yesterday.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Christine, im so please you stopped by and left a comment.xx

      Delete
  3. You make such pretty things, Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some Awesome samples x really love the stepped drawer set x so pretty x

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...