Sunday 7 August 2016

One Stamp Set, Five Cards- Making the most of your stamp set!

Hello to you,
I hope you are enjoying your Sunday! Its warm and windy here in the Leigh today. 

A couple of days ago I decided I needed to set myself a couple of challenges, so this is going to be the first of a few I have come up with.
 Make a set of five cards from just one of the stamp sets I received from IndigoBlu. 
I thought it was a good way to make a start on my Christmas cards and what a a fun way it was to do it.
To start all of this off I have used the stamp set "Peace on Earth".


This stamp set has so many different images to use, I was spoilt with choice as to what to use first!

   1st Card
 I knew I wanted to use the Christmas pudding but wasn't quite sure how, so I stamped out a couple of images and laid them out in several way until I came up with an idea of a shaker card.

To make this card I used a foam circle slightly larger than the pudding image for the shaker part, using a pencil I drew around the outside of it then had a template to follow to stamp the other puddings around. Once I had done this I stamped the text image inside the circle, stuck down the foam circle, added some glitter and crystals and covered with a acetate circle. I then went around the outer part of the circle with glitter and attached a cut out image of the pudding!

2nd Card
For this card I knew I wanted to use some small frames I had made out of paper clay
so then it was just which images should I use.
I painted the frames with some of the New indigoBlu 

 Luscious Pigment Powders in Gold then sprinkled on some of the IndigoBlu Unicorn Sparkle.

As you can see from the photo I added several layers of white and black card and had black ribbon coming from each frame ending on a different layer.

3rd Card
 So for this card I used the beautiful Angel and the strip of stars
Because the size of the Angel was more fitting to a rectangle than a square shape, I cut out a panel to sit the image on. I used my dust-brushes to add two different colours of blue ink to this panel and edged it with gold. 
I then stamped the Angel image into the middle of the panel plus an extra one onto white card. I coloured and cut out this image and used foam dots to lay it over the stamped image on the card. The stars were stamped out to make a boarder around the angel. 
The panel was then mounted onto a piece of white card that had been through my die cutting machine to give it some texture. This was then mounted onto a card blank.

4th Card
 As soon as I saw the wreath stamp I knew I wanted to join a few together to make up a larger wreath and this is what I ended up with.
I stamped and cut out several images of the wreath, added gold luscious to the stars, red gems as berries and white enamel dots and of course some unicorn sparkle. 
The wreaths were set out and once glued down I wound some thin red ribbon between then.
I felt that a boarder of some sort was needed so went around the edges with..................
have you guessed?? The top of the globe!
This was then layered onto gold card then onto the white card blank.

5th Card
 I sat and pondered on this card for a while. I wasn't too sure what to do with the globe then I thought, "peace on earth" looking down from the sky...Stars and an idea had formed!
I used a whole set of Die cutting nesting stars and once cut out, I painted them with Gold Luscious (I love these powders) and added unicorn sparkle to the tips.
The layers of the stars were put back in place and on the reverse side I attached them together with a thin piece of double sided tape from the top tip of the star down to the end of the star.
The background card was embossed with gold powder using the script stamp from the set along with a circle mask I cut from copy paper.
A couple of gems were added the the card front was attached to a white card base.


So how's about you setting yourself a challenge as well? 
I have enjoyed doing this and have made a start on my Christmas card list, how cool is that!

Hope you have enjoyed reading this post. I would love for you to pop back soon to see which stamp set I will use next and to catch up with the next challenge I have set myself .
Happy Crafting,
Sue xx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...