Thursday 4 August 2016

IndigoBlu "Summer Floral" Blog Challenge reminder.

Hello and Welcome.

Have you seen the current IndigoBlu challenge yet? If not you still have plenty of time to enter. 
 I have created a card to share with you hoping that it will give you a bit of inspiration to enter a piece of your own work into the challenge.

I have brought out the Sunflower stamp again as this image always make me think of summer. This time I have made a Concertina Fold Card.

The card is fairly simple as its mostly stamping and spraying the images with paint. 
I have taken lots of photos to help with the Tutorial as being a visual learner myself I always find that it helps me!
Front of the card

Open up the inside of the card to find a concertina of Sunflowers

These are the items you will need if you fancy having a go at making one for yourself, but of course you can always change the colours.


Mix the English Cottage Paints with water in a 1.4 ratio in the spray bottles

Randomly spray the images (for this card you will need "6" sunflowers) a few colours at a time then heat dry. Add more colours to get the effect you want. (Don't over-wet the card stock)

Take the time to dry layers between spraying!


 I did a bit of fussy cutting around the sunflowers but you could just cut them out as a circle and the concertina effect would still work.

                             
 Now find the center point of "5 " of the sunflower and score down the middle

                           
 Run a line of glue close to the petals to attach each of the sunflowers together.
See photo below

 Once all of the petals are glued together, use a couple of clips to hold them until stuck.

                    
The "6th" sunflower is for the the front of the card. 
I stamped and cut out an extra leaf and middle part of the sunflower, added glitter and micro beads to this to give it a bit more dimension. 




The center of the flower and leaf were attached to the main sunflower with Pinflair glue gel.
I then highlighted the sunflower with some of the NEW Luscious powders that I mixed with water.
I cut out an 11" x 5" piece of white card stock and scored it down the middle, making my card blank.
 I also cut out 3 pieces of yellow card slightly smaller so that you would see a boarder of white card, and put them through an embossing folder.
Two of the yellow pieces were glued to the inside of the card.
I then lined up the folded sunflowers on the inside of the card close to the edge. 
See photo above
Putting a thin strip of really tacky double sided tape close to the edge of the petals, close the card in half so that it sticks to the card. Flip the card over and repeat on the other side.

 Attach the single Sunflower to the front of the card along with your chosen sentiment.
And "hay Presto", one finished card!

I hoped that you have enjoyed reading this blog post and I would love to hear what you think, and would like to invite you to subscribe to my blog!

Happy Crafting, will be back soon with another project, Sue xx






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...