Monday 4 July 2016

IndigoBlu June Challenge Reminder - Brown & Teal

 Hello there and welcome. 
Today I have a reminder piece to inspire you to get your IndigoBlu stamps out and join our challenge this month using the colours Brown and Teal which gives you so many options no matter which stamp set you choose to use. 
And don't forget that if you win this challenge you get to choose which stamp set you would like, plus you get to be a guest DT member and design a Inspiration piece for the next challenge. 
If you are picked as a Top 3 winner you get to create an Inspiration piece for the next challenge as well. How cool is that!
This time round I decided to make something for the Men. Although I created this one in a small wooden frame it could so easily be made into a card instead.


     

This is what the back of the frame looks like. I used a piece paper from Belle Epoque

One of the crafting techniques I enjoy doing at the moment is to use embossing paste to give some texture but I know a few people that don't have any so I used a different technique on this piece using a tissue to get some texture.

First things first, if you are using a wooden frame give it a coat of Gee-Soo Good to prime the wood. Whilst that is drying move onto making the background for your project. I cut a square piece of thick white card and slapped on a good coat of Slap-it-on then separated a tissue and placed one layer on top of the slap-it-on


With a paintbrush start to gather up the tissue around the card covering the square. I added a bit more slap-it-on to stop the tissue sticking to the brush. Leave to dry out.



 Once the square panel was dry I painted it with Townhouse Teal. I also used the same colour to paint the inside edge of the frame

Once the Townhouse Teal was dry I went over the high spots of the texture with some Hot Coco paint and added a little Kingfisher Blue to add a slight shimmer.

 I pulled out some cogs & Gears and painted them up with the same coloured paints used for the backing piece. The frame was covered with Flitter Glu & Chocolate Box Mega Flakes.

Before attaching the gears I stamped a few images from Rugged Edge & Good times

I stamped out the Car image and Text  twice from the stamp set 'Little Voice', added two extra wheels to the car and chopped up the words and re-arranged them on the frame. I also added a lamp post from my stash

                  
Well that's the end of my post today.
 I hope it has inspired you to challenge yourself and join in.
Take Care and Happy Stamping xx


















 

2 comments:

  1. Your process here is remarkable and so inspiring! What a dynamic and amazing collage. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Autumn, its great of you to leave me your comment xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment...