Wednesday 20 June 2018

IndigoBlu - Besides the Seaside, besides the Sea!


Hello there, today I would like to share with you a card I created with Summer in mind. Whenever I think of summer, my mind goes back to the start of the school summer holiday knowing it wouldn't be long before we had a trip to the 'Sunny Seaside' and even if it rained, we still enjoyed our trip.

So why this card?
Well we have a Brand New Monthly Challenge starting today on the "I Love IndigoBlu" Facebook Page and the Theme is SUMMER.  All you have to do is to Challenge Yourself to create a Summer project using IndigoBlu products, share it on the I Love IndigoBlu FB group and you will be put forward to winning a suprise, prize from IndigoBlu. Even I don't know what you will be sent for winning.
As requested from a lot of our members on FB Julie and I will share a tutorial each on how we made our pieces for the challenge and share with you a couple of techniques using the products we used.

Lets begin!

So I'm going back in time and using one of the Older Stamp sets called 'Skegness'. (This set isn't showing up on line but Kay assured me that if anyone would like to purchase their own set, they can still press one out for you. Just give them a ring or send them a message via their contact us box on line)!
  Well it certainly can be Bracing at Skegness. The last time I went there was in the winter months, everything had been closed up but we still went for a walk along the sea front. I refused point blank to have a paddle, the water was icy cold!

Moving on from memory lane. As the theme is Summer I decided to go with the super Starburst Stencil because to me it looks like sun rays so I pulled out my English Cottage Acrylic paints in Goldfinger, Burning Bonfire, Lemon Meringue and of course Sunshine, along with some sponges to use with the paint for the stencilling.
The first step was to stamp three of the images onto a piece of 6"x6" stamping card then again onto some masking paper (or you can use post it notes). 
I then cut out the masking paper images and placed these over the top of the images on the card. I did this so that I could go over the top of the images to create a background with the stencil and paint and would be able to go back in after taking off the masking paper to colour the images.

Using the sponges I dabbed it into the paint lid then onto my glass mat to work the paint into the sponge. I find doing it this way I don’t overload the sponge causing paint to go under the stencil.
I went around the card in three areas with the first colour, then wiped the stencil off before filling in different areas in the different paint colours.
Once the paint was dry I removed the masking paper and coloured in the images with Postbox Red and Sleeping Beauty paint.



I then pulled out my Stamping press to do the Rhyme and to mask off areas of it to just pick out a couple of words. (Beside the Sea) 

On a spare piece of white card I gave it a thin wash of IndigoBlu paint,  (A wash means diluting the paint with a lot of water) and once dried I stamped out the rhyme. I then cut this up and mounted it onto white card to give it a boarder.
Once the images were painted and dry I went in and highlighted certain parts with a white and gold pen. I then mounted this onto a piece of Red Cardstock slightly bigger than the card front and layered this onto a card blank.
The finished Card.
Now that you have seen my card, why not pop over and check out Julie's vision of the Summer. It really is a beautiful card. Here's a peek and the Link to Julie's Blog, Art and Soul.

I do hope we have given you some inspiration and that you Join in on the I Love IndigoBlu Facebook page challenge. 
Happy Crafting xx
One last Jolly Image and a link to take you stright to the IndigoBlu Web Site




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...