Friday 7 July 2017

Christmas is coming..........................................

Hello there and welcome to my latest blog post.
This one is all about christmas card making.
Yes I know its hard to think about Christmas with the summer just here in the UK, but if you are a card maker, you will know that July is that time of year we make a start on our christmas crafts.

As a huge fan of IndigoBlu I have been lucky enought to receive some of their NEW Stamps and Stencils hot off the press to create samples for Kay Halliwell-sutton's One Day Christmas Special on Hochanda this weekend. (Sat 8th July at 6pm and Sun 9th July).

To start with let me share with you the cards I have made for Kay's show's then I will add links to the New Stamp sets at the end of the post. 
I think the Christmas Stag is going to be my all time favorite Christmas stamp, its such fun image.

Christmas Stag - For this card I stamped the image onto Acetate, coloured in the image on the back of it then added Glossy Accents to the front onto the baubles. To decorate the card front I used the New Snowflake Stencil with inks.


Deer Forest - This card background was created using the Paint Pouring Technique with the IndigoBlu paints. (I have done a previous blog post about Paint Pouring). The stamp was inked in black then I fussy cut around the image. The text was done with embossing paste through a stencil then Unicorn Sparkles were sprinkeled on top. 


For this card I used the New Snowflake Stencil with Ultra Thick Slap-it-On coloured with Teal Luscious Powder on Acetate, sprinkled with Unicorn Sparkles. The image was stamped in blue ink then die cut out. Ribbon and pale blue half pearls were used for simple decoration. 


Christmas Wreath - To make this card I used a woodgrain card highlighted with Copper Lusious Pigment power mixed with water. I then stamped onto it using the Laurel Leaves Stamp set. The wreath was coloured in using pens and Luscious powders.White ribbon was coloured with Post Box Red English Garden paint which is brilliant on fabric. The sentiment comes from the same stamp set.


For this card I used a Stamp Set from last years christmas collection and one of this years New Stamp Sets called Shine Bright  for the lightbulbs which I stamped on Shrink Plastic.
This is another Christmas Stamp from Last Years Christmas which I used to make a shaker card.

I hope you like this New Christmas Collection as much as I do. You can catch up with Kay on Hochanda this weekend and check out her hints and Tips for using these sets. Also check out the IndigoBlu Blog for more inspirational cards from the Design Team.
Happy Card Making xx



Christmas Stag 


Deer Forest





Christmas Wreath


























































6 comments:

  1. Wow Sue you have been busy . Love today's selection , you have showcased the stamps beautifully . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracy, the images on the stamps are so great to work with. I love the Christmas Stag xx

      Delete
  2. Your creativity is amazing! Love the stencil/paste/glitter!They ate all so very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marsha, its lovely of you to stop by and leave me your comment xx

      Delete
  3. Your creativity is amazing! Love the stencil/paste/glitter!They ate all so very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing cards Sue. Your love of Indigo Blu stamps shines through. You have a knack of knowing what medium to use to bring out the best in the stamps. Thanks for sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...