Friday 21 October 2016

IndigoBlu October Blog Challenge- Monochrome

Hello Everyone, are you ready to challenge your crafting skills, need a little inspiration?
Today is the start of a Brand New Challenge over at IndigoBlu - Monochrome!

I knew what monochrome was but wanted to find out the correct definition so googled it and this is what came up!
Monochrome:- A photograph or picture developed or executed in black and white or in varying tones of only one colour.
So for this post I decided I would use Black & White, only because I don't normally craft in these colours and wanted to challenge myself. For the reminder post of this challenge later in the month I will  be using a colour.

So here are a couple of cards I made, hopefully inspire you to have a go yourself!
What do you think?.......................................

So if you would like to have a go yourself here is a quick tutorial for you.
1. Cut six card panels (3 white/3 black) 3 1/2" x 2 1/2" and round off each of the corner. Paint the 3 white panels with white GeeSoo good, and the black panels with black GeeSoo good. I wanted to give the panels a matte look.

2. Once the panels are dry, stamp the images using White GeeSoo Good onto the black panels and Black Versafine Ink on the white panels.
(when using Gee-Soo good to stamp with, spread some onto a piece of phat foam until it has been worked into the foam and use it like an inkpad).

3. To add detail to the now dry images I used Black and White Enamel Effects and some white and black thin ribbon on 2 of the panels. I also stamped out a white and black butterfly for a little 3D effect on the lilac.

4.The white panels were then mounted onto black card and the black panels onto white card. They were then mounted onto a white card blank.


And there you have it, two Monochrome cards. I will add a sentiment when I need a card in a hurry. Its always a good idea to have a few cards spare just in case!

Thanks for checking in today. Catch up with you again soon. xx


              

      Ickle Poppy A6 Red Rubber Stamp            Floral Fantasy A5 Red Rubber Stamp                        Stylised Flowers A6 Red Rubber Stamp



        

 Gee-Soo Good (White) Gesso Paint                                   Gee-Soo Good (Black) Gesso Paint         


                       








 






4 comments:

  1. these are stunning Sue - really love them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you Rachel. I love the Christmas tree you did as your inspiration piece xx

      Delete
  2. hello Sue , Iam making the black and white Pantles let see if they are as good as yours I didnt have any black gesso so I used black paint that will have a matt finish so we will see how it comes out I dont know if I can up load them here if not will up load them on FB.... have a great week.
    MaryRedford

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely gorgeous and so striking! Love them! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...