Thursday 4 June 2015

Pocket full of Posies - IndigoBlu Blog Challenge

Good Morning / Afternoon,
Do you remember the Nursery song 'Ring a ring of Roses, a Pocket full of Posies'?
Well I decided to use this as the inspiration for my entry into the IndigoBlu Challenge this month! Why not take a look at the other entries and have a go yourself!


To start with, I chose a couple of pieces of backing paper from the New Mixed Media Paper 6x6 pad collection Flights of Fancy


            

I stamped the nursery rhyme lyrics onto this piece from the Vintage Nursery Rhymes Stamp Set and rounded the corners off then attached it ti a card blank. I then went ahead and cut diagonally along another piece to make a 'Pocket' for the Posy to sit in. I used the Flutterby Dinkie to decorate the inside of the pocket.

               

Ribbon was then added to highlight the folded paper pocket and attached to the center of the card. I used the stamp sets, Dancing Children and 'Live Laugh Love' and the small flowers off the Giant Peony Stamp for the main focus of the card along with some die cut leaves, tiny punched out flowers, pearls that I coloured in to suit the tone of the card and some Linen Thread to tie the 'Posy' together.
Once I had coloured in the Dancing Children I cut around the image and to add a bit more dimension to the card, I attached the image either side of the card to give it a slightly domed look! (The card fits inside a gusset type envelope. When I send it out I will put a piece of bubble wrap under the dancing children to stop it from getting flat)




I now have the nursery rhyme floating around in my head! 
Bye for now,

& Happy Crafting, 
Sue xx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Sue! I really love this card, it's fantastic! Good luck, Peace, Maxine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Maxine, great of you to stop by and check this post out xx

      Delete
  2. WOW Sue this is gorgeous, so delicate, good luck in the challenge. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Christine, so lovely of you to leave a comment xx

      Delete
  3. This is amazing Sue. I love everything about this card so much detail!xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Gina, thanks for stopping by. Your sort of card, or colours I think xx

      Delete
  4. very pretty card and great colour palette, thank for entering indigoblu challenge julie x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great interpretation of 'Pocket full of Posies'! Kay x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your comment Kay xx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment...