Tuesday 23 June 2015

Altered Art and a little Card Making - Boxed Notelets Set

Hello Everyone,
Thank you so much for stopping by to have a look at my latest project.

To start with, I had  purchased a small seed box a little while ago thinking I could "Do" something with it and when I purchased the IndigoBlu "Plume" stamp set I knew exactly what I was going to make!
Let me show you how I created the Boxed Notelet Set. 
(The main materials used to create this project were IndigoBlu).


This is the hinged box I purchased and I started the altered process by covering it all over with Gesso to prepare the surface for painting etc, then once this was dry I painted it all over with Sleeping Beauty metallic paint which has a wonder shimmer to it, then added Emerald City with a piece of scrunched up cling film over the still wet Sleeping Beauty to give the surface a slightly marbled look.

Whilst the box was drying I went on to make 6 small Notelets & Envelopes to put inside it!

To make the Notelets I used the "Plume" stamp set.
I first of all used a couple of Green & Blue Stampin Up inks to create the background. I masked off sections of the white card then applied the inks using Ink Dusters

The idea for the stamped part of the design for the notelets came from someone who had posted on Pinterest, and I liked it so much that  I CASED the idea and added my own little twist to it.  
Once the background had been done I then used several of the Plumes (Feathers) as the main image on the notelets. I also brought in some white, sepia and black inks.

Using very thin double sided tape I added Megaflake to create a slight boarder.

Two different colours of Megaflake was used. Morris Dance & Yorkshire Dales. They give a lovely richness to the notelets.
 (Theses photos don't do the Megaflake justice really. Methinks I need to invest in a better camera)!


Once the paint was dry on the box, I then stamped more images of the larger feathers onto it with Flitterglu then added Megaflake. The Ink pot image was stamped onto the box using VerseMark Ink and Gold Embossing powder, then painted in using the Aladdin paint. This colour paint was also used to paint in some of the small hearts on the plumes.
I then went on to stamp the smaller feather onto some Vellum Card stock, added Megaflake then I cut them out and used Pinflare Glue Gel to attach them to the Ink pot as a 3D element. More gems were added around the box as well as a Latch to keep the box closed! I coloured the latch ( it was a brass colour) using a gold metallic permanent ink pen.

On the lid of the box I stamped the words, 'Create' and 'Art' using the Flitterglu and Megaflake again. I had some brass coloured metal embellishments in my stash, so used the gold pen to change the colour of them and attached then between the words.

 The finishing touches to the notelets were done by using a Gold pen to colour in some of the hearts, the paint came out again so I could stamp the small feather on each notelet and a gem was added to these.
Here is the final project, just waiting for a new home!

                                                                                                 I had lots of fun doing this. Hope you stop by soon to see what else I have been creating! Take care and Happy Crafting, Sue xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...