Monday 7 May 2018

IndigoBlu style Fabric Painting

Hello to you. Today I would like to share a couple of new projects I have been working on for Kay Halliwell-sutton's Hochanda show which where on today at 11am and 3pm (These links will only work for a couple of weeks from the date of this blog post)
And it's these beautiful canvas panels.

You have Elizabeth and Jane panels which measure 20cm x 20cm and the Becca panel which is 16cm x 20cm. Check here for more details

I was asked to come up with a design for two of the IndigoBlu Fabric Panels, Elizabeth and Jane and here is what I did.
 Elizabeth
Jane

Now I normally have to sit and ponder a while to have a think about what to create and was thinking about the Beautiful Elizabeth and my head took me to Pride and Prejudice. I knew I had a Embroidery Hoop somewhere in my stash so thought I could display the panel within that. Unfortunately I don't really sew let along do embroidery so out came the paints.

I started with the background first and used a sponge to dab on two colours of paint onto the dry canvas. Luscious Powders were then mixed with Fabric Slap-it-on to paint the printed images along with the skin coloured paints. More of the grasses from the 'Victorian Garden' stamp set were stamped around the outside of the panel to coordinate with the pre-printed ones. I did this to fill up the 'white' space as the printed picture was a little smaller than the hoop.

Once I had finished stamping I then mounted the fabric into the hoop and trimmed the away the excess material. I could still see lines that framed Elizabeth so I decided to add some ribbon, which I attached to the hoop frame with sticky double sided tape.

You can still see the lines a little but I felt it would be alright once I finished off with a little more paint and added more details to the border.

The details were done using Luscious Powder mixed with Fabric Stap-it-on.

With Jane I decided to mount her onto a zipped purse and instead of leaving the panel square I used my die cutting machine to cut her out into a circle.
For this sample I wanted to decorate her in a different way so used the paint and mixed up Luscious with the FSIO and used my different size scoring tools and the end of a paintbrush to create dots around the cut edge.

 I then picked out a couple of the images from the panel and extended them onto the purse with stamps from the Collectors Edition Stamps using the Porelain Paint.

 Most of this panel was painted with the Luscious Powders


I really enjoyed painting these panels. I found them less daunting than the larger ones which I must confess I have been worried about painting as I didnt want to spoil such a gorgeous Panel. 

Here are some of the images from Kay's shows today which have really helped me feel more confident about having a go with the large panel.










I hope you have enjoyed this blog post as much as I had decorating the panels.
If you would like to purchase any of the above, Canvas Panels, Paints, Luscious Powders or Slap-it-on then please check out this link to the IndigoBlu web shop.

Happy Crafting xx


2 comments:

Please leave a comment...