Friday 1 May 2015

Just one Layer

Hello there,
This week I decided to enter the IndigoBlu Challenge, creating something with 'Just One Layer' so I decided to do something other than a card and this is what I came up with!
If you would like to join the fun, check out IndigoBlu for yourself at http://indigoblublogchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/




I had managed to get hold of a couple of wooden disks when I went to a scrape-store some time ago which were crying out to have something done to them, so thought I would use one to make a Home Deco Plaque!

The wood was a bit rough to stamp directly onto even-though I painted it with gesso, so I decided to stamp onto thin card first. 
First of all I stamped a Daisy flower (from a free IndigoBlu set) onto the card, masked it off then stamped over the flower with the Flutterby Dinkie, using different coloured inks. Once this was done I masked off the Butterflies and used Pan Pastels in Blue & Green make up the background colour!  


The next stage was to build up the design so I left the masks on and stamped with the Blazing Poppies using black Versafine ink to pick up all those lovely details.                                                                   





The next step was to mask off the poppy heads so that I could use the Ickle Poppy stamp and I also added a sentiment from the Hocus Pocus set!

I took all, but the butterfly masks off and used the Honeycomb Background stamp and FlitterGlu to add some Gin and Tonic MegaFlakes.
 
Next step was to add colour all these lovely images so I used the English Cottage Paints, watered down as they keep their intense colours! I just love these paints!! I think I may have used all the colours Lol.



I went around the Butterflies with a brown and black pen to add a bit of shadow and depth

Cookie deciding to get in on the Photo Shoot!Thank you for stopping by. Let me know what you think.Happy Crafting and Bank Holiday Weekend xx


2 comments:

  1. you have created a lot of depth and dimension. the shadow around butterflies makes them pop. i thought you had cut them out and stuck them down, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Theresa, I felt they need something so tried to do just that! Its great you stopped by and left me your comment, Thank you xx

      Delete

Please leave a comment...