Saturday 20 September 2014

Feeling Orange! Card for the day!

Hello there, Thanks for stopping by!

Today I felt that I needed some colour so decided to create an ' Bright and Breezy Card'.
Orange is one of my favorite colours, it always picks me up so that was the colour chosen!
I had purchased some hessian a little while ago so decided I wanted to incorporate it into the card design so used it as a top layer for the card!
I rounded the corners to match the card base and first layer of the card-stock. I then pulled some threads out of the sides of piece of hessian to give it a frayed look! 






The Flowers have been made using two of the Stamping Up Scallop Punches (1 1/4" & 7/8") and the white center flowers were punched from The Boho Blossoms Punch!
I used Linen Thread to decorate the smaller scallops and the new Thick Bakers Gold Twine for the larger scallops!




I die cut three sets of leaves from some retired SU paper and then took some basic rhinestones and coloured them in using an  alcohol marker to match the colour of the card-stock.
The ribbon down the left hand side of the card was coloured with SU Pumpkin Pie ink then attached to the hessian with double sided tape! Just before I stuck the ribbon down, I tied a few of the stands of hessian thread I previously pulled out of the main panel to create a embellishment with one of the smaller flowers over the top!




After making this card it got me thinking about an alternative way to make some of the flowers without punches so you can see how I did it in this video,  Crafting Tip from Me to You!

I hope you will give it a go!
  
Happy Crafting xx                                                                                                                                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment...